- Simon Haworth on UK and China : Partners for Growth: There is indeed extraordinary opportunity for UK firms, for...
- Bess on Africa – think trade, not aid: very interesting blog Lewis!
- John Roberts on Old dogs or new tricks?: Its got to be the dog. The robot just wouldn’t give that same love and...
- SophiaCalvin on La fiesta – British style: The “Feria de las Culturas Amigas”, or “International Culture Fair....
- Alan MacKelworth on Africa – think trade, not aid: Hi! Lewis, Agree with your comments Trade not Aid – I...
- Lord Livingston becomes new trade minister December 10, 2013A new Minister of State for Trade and Investment has been appointed […]
- UKTI East launches high growth start-up support December 10, 2013If you have a new business idea with the potential to grow quickly and go international rapidly then here is an opportunity not to be missed. Apply now to join our high growth start up workshops. […]
- Hydrocarbon exploration licenses in Spain December 9, 2013Watch the recording of our recent webinar which looked at the general requirements and implications for EHS permitting in Spain. […]
- Lord Livingston becomes new trade minister December 10, 2013
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Ironically for a blog about cutting edge technology, digital excellence and future solutions, I’m going to begin with a history lesson. In October 1714, the Elector of Hanover ascended the throne in London as King George I. Four Georges and … Continue reading
Archie Young – Deputy Director, Americas – Foreign and Commonwealth Office was kind enough to talk to me recently on why it makes business sense to look at Latin American countries. Here’s what he said: Q: Everyone is rushing to … Continue reading
I am delighted to be part of this week’s trade delegation to China, the largest ever business mission organised by UK Trade and Investment (UKTI). This will, of course, be my first trip as Minister Designate for Trade and Investment. … Continue reading
Export Week – which took place 11-15 November – was a hugely successful week for the UKTI East team, as well as for our partners and businesses across the region. Reflecting on the size and scale of the week (and … Continue reading
With Export Week now well underway in the South West and across UK, this is the perfect week to emphasise that Exporting is Great. Supporting more small and medium sized businesses to export is a crucial part of the Government’s plan … Continue reading
As I was browsing the British Embassy website for advice on entry taxes in Spain for my ‘66 Classic’ alcoholic key lime pie drink, I came across UKTI. Trailing it back to the South West office, I decided to get … Continue reading
British company Ultima Networks showcasing their services at the GREAT stand UKTI Mexico recently participated in the GREEN (Global Resources Environmental and Energy Network) Expo, which is Mexico’s largest exhibition on renewable energy and environmental technologies. The event brought … Continue reading
Ronald Reagan once joked that the ten most frightening words in the English language were: “Hello, I’m from the Government and I’m here to help!” Although coming from the Government myself, I have had a long career in the private … Continue reading
On 29-31 October, London will host the 9th World Islamic Economic Forum. I am delighted that the UK was chosen as the first country outside the Islamic world to host the WIEF. This is testament both to our growing trade … Continue reading