- Simon Haworth on UK and China : Partners for Growth: There is indeed extraordinary opportunity for UK firms, for...
- Bess on Africa – think trade, not aid: very interesting blog Lewis!
- John Roberts on Old dogs or new tricks?: Its got to be the dog. The robot just wouldn’t give that same love and...
- SophiaCalvin on La fiesta – British style: The “Feria de las Culturas Amigas”, or “International Culture Fair....
- Alan MacKelworth on Africa – think trade, not aid: Hi! Lewis, Agree with your comments Trade not Aid – I...
- West Midlands continues to be the fastest growing English region for exports December 6, 2013Exports have once again reached over £6.5 billion. […]
- New research reveals the benefits of doing business overseas December 6, 2013UKTI has an ongoing programme of research that looks into the effect of exporting on UK companies across the economy. […]
- Guide to UK Subsea Capability to be republished in 2014 December 6, 2013Opportunity for relevant organisations to have free entry in UKTI's "Guide to UK Subsea Capability" which is due to be updated shortly. Requests for inclusion must reach us by 20th December 2013. […]
- West Midlands continues to be the fastest growing English region for exports December 6, 2013
Category Archives: Asia
In June Lord Green, the Minister of State for Trade and Investment, visited seven ASEAN countries. He was accompanied by a small business delegation consisting of senior executives from a number of firms, and joined at various stages by local … Continue reading
One of the many exciting events we at the UK-ASEAN Business Council have been fortunate enough to hold this summer was the Business Event of Burmese President Thein Sein on the 15-16th July, held during the first state visit from this … Continue reading
I’ve just returned from my first visit to Burma. Whilst I was only in the country for a little over 24 hours it was extremely insightful; no amount of background reading is an adequate alternative to seeing for oneself the … Continue reading
Leaders of the ASEAN countries pressed forward with their proposal for a common visa for non-ASEAN nationals during the 22nd ASEAN Summit held in Brunei from 24-25 April 2013. The visa will facilitate greater business mobility and tourism within the … Continue reading
On 22 April, the EU lifted all sanctions on Burma except the arms embargo. This is a historic step, coming after the temporary suspension agreed a year ago, and Burma has seen dramatic reform in that time. Following the lifting of … Continue reading
With which overseas market did UK bilateral trade in goods increase by 200% in 2012? The answer is Turkmenistan, whose International Investment Forum I and colleagues including Ron Nash, UK co-Chair of the Turkmenistan UK Trade and Industry Council, attended … Continue reading
To celebrate International Women’s Day today Patricia Freshwater, Commercial Director of Global Flood Defence Systems (GFDS) shares her insights as a woman doing business with Asian markets. The speed of our market entry into the ASEAN market has taken us all … Continue reading
Patricia Freshwater, Commercial Director of Global Flood Defence Systems (GFDS) shares her top tips for doing business in Asia. Global Flood Defence Systems, based in Droitwich, Worcestershire, is the leading provider of sustainable flood defence solutions for the built environment. … Continue reading
Short update from a fast moving market Unusually for UK Trade & Investment, we are suggesting that UK businesses consider investing somewhere other than the UK. We will even help you do it. Although the business climate in Burma remains … Continue reading