- Martin on Appetite for British Food and Drink: The FDEA has now built up strong contacts with local distributors and...
- murray prince on Working in partnership – new ideas for SME export: Orhan O. Bag has raised interesting comment...
- Orhan O. Bag on Working in partnership – new ideas for SME export: Business & Trade need a...
- Sarah Carroll on Working in partnership – new ideas for SME export: We have recently run our UKTI Optimising...
- Lionel Sullivan on “I love it when a plan comes together”: Greetings, Oh yes. You really nailed it with...
- Entrepreneur Festival to bring global talent to Britain June 17, 2013UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) has launched a new venture aimed at boosting Britain’s community of young entrepreneurs with global ambitions. […]
- North East’s exports show small decline but signs of growth in some areas June 14, 2013Exports promise a healthy outlook for Tyneside firm. Latest figures released by HM Revenue & Customs today show that exports from the North East fell slightly during the first quarter of the year. […]
- There’s never been a better time to do business with Oz June 13, 2013UK Trade & Investment is staging an event aimed at encouraging firms to do business ‘Down Under’. […]
- Entrepreneur Festival to bring global talent to Britain June 17, 2013
Category Archives: Asia
Leaders of the ASEAN countries pressed forward with their proposal for a common visa for non-ASEAN nationals during the 22nd ASEAN Summit held in Brunei from 24-25 April 2013. The visa will facilitate greater business mobility and tourism within the … Continue reading
On 22 April, the EU lifted all sanctions on Burma except the arms embargo. This is a historic step, coming after the temporary suspension agreed a year ago, and Burma has seen dramatic reform in that time. Following the lifting of … Continue reading
With which overseas market did UK bilateral trade in goods increase by 200% in 2012? The answer is Turkmenistan, whose International Investment Forum I and colleagues including Ron Nash, UK co-Chair of the Turkmenistan UK Trade and Industry Council, attended … Continue reading
To celebrate International Women’s Day today Patricia Freshwater, Commercial Director of Global Flood Defence Systems (GFDS) shares her insights as a woman doing business with Asian markets. The speed of our market entry into the ASEAN market has taken us all … Continue reading
Patricia Freshwater, Commercial Director of Global Flood Defence Systems (GFDS) shares her top tips for doing business in Asia. Global Flood Defence Systems, based in Droitwich, Worcestershire, is the leading provider of sustainable flood defence solutions for the built environment. … Continue reading
Short update from a fast moving market Unusually for UK Trade & Investment, we are suggesting that UK businesses consider investing somewhere other than the UK. We will even help you do it. Although the business climate in Burma remains … Continue reading
Two weeks ago I had the pleasure of making my first UKABC trip to ASEAN, where I stopped off in Hanoi, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. By the end of the week of meetings with UKTI and FCO colleagues, … Continue reading
We’ve had a very exciting few weeks at the UK-ASEAN Business Council (UKABC), with the end of October seeing us working on the State Visit to the UK of the President of the Republic of Indonesia, Dr Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono. … Continue reading
Thank you to the Senior UKTI diplomats and UK businesses for helping us to implement a well received event, with a successful turnout of over 200 attendees. We had marvellous line-up of speakers, ranging from Lord Green, John Murton from … Continue reading