- Simon Haworth on UK and China : Partners for Growth: There is indeed extraordinary opportunity for UK firms, for...
- Bess on Africa – think trade, not aid: very interesting blog Lewis!
- John Roberts on Old dogs or new tricks?: Its got to be the dog. The robot just wouldn’t give that same love and...
- SophiaCalvin on La fiesta – British style: The “Feria de las Culturas Amigas”, or “International Culture Fair....
- Alan MacKelworth on Africa – think trade, not aid: Hi! Lewis, Agree with your comments Trade not Aid – I...
- Middlesbrough firms win expert support in competition for best export idea December 12, 2013Three Middlesbrough firms have won thousands of pounds worth of expert support for their innovative export ideas in a special ‘Dragon’s Den’-style competition. […]
- GREAT weeks December 12, 2013Find out more about these fantastic opportunities for the creative industries, retail, luxury and food & drink sectors to promote your brand or service in key markets […]
- Ministerial visit highlights education opportunities in Kazakhstan December 11, 2013David Willetts visited Astana to continue cooperation in education between the UK and Kazakhstan. […]
- Middlesbrough firms win expert support in competition for best export idea December 12, 2013
Author Archives: UKTI South Korea
Last month we at UKTI were honoured to host His Royal Highness The Duke of Gloucester to Seoul. As part of the His Royal Highness’s busy schedule he presided over the signing of the ‘Chamber’s Initiative’ MoU between UKTI South … Continue reading
I have been struck, in the nearly 2 and a half years that I have been living here, by the sheer dynamism of South Korea. There’s a real sense that our bi-lateral cooperation has never been stronger and I hear … Continue reading
I’m lucky in South Korea to live in such an exciting and rapidly developing environment. This is as clear from the many large urban infrastructure projects that form around us almost overnight as much as it is from the plethora … Continue reading
One of the things I love most about living in South Korea is the vibrant, dynamic and fashionable population. Koreans are world renowned for their love of style and are highly brand and image conscious. So what better place for UKTI … Continue reading
The FTA is headline news in Korea. The Korean public know about the FTA and understand its significance. They also know they will pay cheaper prices for EU goods. Not surprisingly, many companies are busy compiling new marketing strategies to … Continue reading
Here in South Korea, we work to provide a wide variety of research and tailored services for our clients, but that’s not the whole story. I thought I’d share this example of another kind of really important work we do. … Continue reading
It’s always good to know what you’re doing is making a difference. We were thrilled recently to receive this piece of feedback from Kate Wright and Adrian Cronin. They are directors of a UK company, Isle of English, with whom … Continue reading
One of the most striking features of the South Korean economy is the hugely important role played by its large conglomerates, or ‘chaebol’ in Korean. The chaebol are led in size by Samsung – which has annual revenues larger than … Continue reading
I came across a short online report recently by SERI (the Samsung Economic Research Institute, one of South Korea’s most respected research centres). There are a few interesting predictions on economic growth here – and some pointers for British exporters … Continue reading
What’s been happening in South Korea recently, and what does this mean for UK companies? Since the 1970s, South Korea has been involved in overseas heavy construction contracts, mainly in the Middle East. That tradition continues, but now in the … Continue reading