- Digger Driving on Turkmenistan – business opportunities: It is great to see that British made JCB construction...
- Dave at Helicopter Sightseeing on When Times Get Tough, the Tough Get Innovating: The Secret to Our Success: As a...
- Ben Atkinson on Export Week, number crunching.. and Europe : Would online exports be included within these figures?...
- Martin on Appetite for British Food and Drink: The FDEA has now built up strong contacts with local distributors and...
- murray prince on Working in partnership – new ideas for SME export: Orhan O. Bag has raised interesting comment...
- UKTI & British Airways partner for China flight discounts June 19, 2013To celebrate the launch of British Airways (BA) new service to Chengdu, the airline is offering UKTI clients a 20% saving on flights in its World Traveller cabin to Chengdu, Hong Kong, Beijing and Shanghai […]
- South West equine and pet companies go global for growth June 18, 2013A new group of Westcountry-based businesses supplying the needs of horse and pet owners are clubbing together to find valuable export markets for their products. […]
- TTIP page June 18, 2013It has been announced at the G8 2013 summit that negotiations will begin on a monumental trade deal, known as a Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP), between the European Union and the United States […]
- UKTI & British Airways partner for China flight discounts June 19, 2013
Author Archives: Peter Hogarth
Companies from China, Mexico and Australia, were among 30 international buyers, hopeful they had found new business partners, following our Green Technology Roadshow in Derbyshire this month. Held at the UK’s first carbon neutral hotel, the Radisson Blu at East … Continue reading
Didn’t they do well! Team GB’s historic success at the Olympics has cheered the nation and put the Great back into Britain. Rarely in recent times have we heard the national anthem sung with gusto by so many people nor … Continue reading
I’ve been working closely with our Partnership Development Manager recently, talking and presenting to many intermediaries and companies new to UKTI. Of course, they want to know (and I want to tell them), what is great about UKTI – why … Continue reading
A short while ago I dined at a very well known Leicestershire venue that attracts people from all over the country. The dessert menu included ‘a selection of French cheeses’. Nothing wrong in that you may say but ponder a … Continue reading
We’ve all heard of BRICS – Brazil, Russia, India and China – but two other export market terms are coming to the fore: CIVETS – Columbia, Indonesia, Vietnam, Egypt and Turkey – and my personal favourite, ‘gazelles’, which is another … Continue reading
It’s now officially the Year of the Rabbit and as billions of Chinese people light lanterns and feast on dumplings, there’s cause for celebration here in the East Midlands too. Since 2007 export to China from the East Midlands has … Continue reading
England’s cricketers got off to a great start this year, winning the Ashes for the first time in 24 years in the land of Oz. Their win brought a ray of Australian sunshine into our long and gloomy winter. It … Continue reading
After an early start in Quorn recently to take part in a meeting of the East Midlands International trade forum, I drove back to Nottingham and turned on to breaking news that a date has been set for the most … Continue reading
I’m very happy and intrigued to be joining the blogosphere. International Trade has received good coverage lately with the PM-led trade mission to China, followed quickly with the G-20 Seoul Summit. Exporting is high on the agenda for many countries … Continue reading