- Simon Haworth on UK and China : Partners for Growth: There is indeed extraordinary opportunity for UK firms, for...
- Bess on Africa – think trade, not aid: very interesting blog Lewis!
- John Roberts on Old dogs or new tricks?: Its got to be the dog. The robot just wouldn’t give that same love and...
- SophiaCalvin on La fiesta – British style: The “Feria de las Culturas Amigas”, or “International Culture Fair....
- Alan MacKelworth on Africa – think trade, not aid: Hi! Lewis, Agree with your comments Trade not Aid – I...
- Crispin Simon to take over as Acting Chief Executive of UKTI December 13, 2013The Chief Executive of UKTI, Nick Baird, is stepping down today to take up an appointment in the private sector. […]
- Middlesbrough firms win expert support in competition for best export idea December 12, 2013Three Middlesbrough firms have won thousands of pounds worth of expert support for their innovative export ideas in a special ‘Dragon’s Den’-style competition. […]
- GREAT weeks December 12, 2013Find out more about these fantastic opportunities for the creative industries, retail, luxury and food & drink sectors to promote your brand or service in key markets […]
- Crispin Simon to take over as Acting Chief Executive of UKTI December 13, 2013
Author Archives: Leigh Turner
In late March, the sun beats down on metre-deep snow. On slopes above, skiers glide. At a hotel in the town centre, over 500 top Turkish business people and opinion formers have gathered. Welcome to the Uludağ Economic Summit in Bursa – … Continue reading
With which overseas market did UK bilateral trade in goods increase by 200% in 2012? The answer is Turkmenistan, whose International Investment Forum I and colleagues including Ron Nash, UK co-Chair of the Turkmenistan UK Trade and Industry Council, attended … Continue reading
Two vast bridges spans a picturesque strait. Nearby, engineers are completing a rail tunnel which, like the bridges, will link Europe and Asia. A third bridge is under construction. A road tunnel is planned, together with a brand-new airport which, … Continue reading
Why is the Turkish company HDM Steel setting up a £7m manufacturing plant in South Wales? Take a look at the world. Think about countries where you might possibly imagine investing your money. Do they have a solid record on … Continue reading
Astana, the capital city of Kazakhstan, is not noted for its mild climate. In fact it is amongst the world’s coldest capitals, with temperatures regularly below minus 30 in the winter. But at the centre of the city a huge … Continue reading
It’s after midnight on a Friday and I’m waiting at Istanbul’s Atatürk Airport to meet FCO Europe Minister David Lidington off a late flight from London. The airport is packed with people as passengers pour into a city which for … Continue reading
$56 billion of infrastructural investment opportunities. New airports, bridges, motorways, ports and healthcare opportunities running up to 2023. Top-level political support from the British and Turkish Governments. All this is the background to this week’s visit to Turkey by Deputy … Continue reading