- Simon Haworth on UK and China : Partners for Growth: There is indeed extraordinary opportunity for UK firms, for...
- Bess on Africa – think trade, not aid: very interesting blog Lewis!
- John Roberts on Old dogs or new tricks?: Its got to be the dog. The robot just wouldn’t give that same love and...
- SophiaCalvin on La fiesta – British style: The “Feria de las Culturas Amigas”, or “International Culture Fair....
- Alan MacKelworth on Africa – think trade, not aid: Hi! Lewis, Agree with your comments Trade not Aid – I...
- Middlesbrough firms win expert support in competition for best export idea December 12, 2013Three Middlesbrough firms have won thousands of pounds worth of expert support for their innovative export ideas in a special ‘Dragon’s Den’-style competition. […]
- GREAT weeks December 12, 2013Find out more about these fantastic opportunities for the creative industries, retail, luxury and food & drink sectors to promote your brand or service in key markets […]
- Ministerial visit highlights education opportunities in Kazakhstan December 11, 2013David Willetts visited Astana to continue cooperation in education between the UK and Kazakhstan. […]
- Middlesbrough firms win expert support in competition for best export idea December 12, 2013
If you are on the look-out for international retail opportunities, then Central Europe could be a better bet than some of the more traditional European retail markets. So says Jones Lang LaSalle’s ‘Destination Europe 2013 research into the presence across … Continue reading
Saying goodbye to one Mini is hard. Saying goodbye to two, harder still. Given my job has three elements – promoting exports from the UK to Germany, encouraging inward investment to the UK from Germany and showing the world we … Continue reading
Allteko is a UK company supplying plant and equipment goods and materials for the oil and gas industry. Based in Worcester, they are a great example of British company operating in a technical field. I met their Managing Director, David … Continue reading
Ironically for a blog about cutting edge technology, digital excellence and future solutions, I’m going to begin with a history lesson. In October 1714, the Elector of Hanover ascended the throne in London as King George I. Four Georges and … Continue reading
Archie Young – Deputy Director, Americas – Foreign and Commonwealth Office was kind enough to talk to me recently on why it makes business sense to look at Latin American countries. Here’s what he said: Q: Everyone is rushing to … Continue reading
I am delighted to be part of this week’s trade delegation to China, the largest ever business mission organised by UK Trade and Investment (UKTI). This will, of course, be my first trip as Minister Designate for Trade and Investment. … Continue reading